Saanich has a process to be removed from the EDPA.  If you are interested in doing so, please email us – we can help you navigate the process.  From our experience, it is not quick.

Firstly, you should go to Saanich’s EDPA website as they have the forms you will need.

The form is pretty simple.  If you want someone to apply on your behalf, you will also need an owner’s authorization.  Again, pretty simple.

Another thing you will need is a recent copy of your land title.  You can do this by going to the land title office, or you can sign up for an myLTSA account and do it online.  There is a small fee for this.  If you are getting stuck, contact us and we can help you.

Finally, ideally you will have a biologist’s report to support your application.  This is not mandatory, but you need to remember that at this stage you are applying to be removed from the EDPA because your property does not contain an “Environmentally Sensitive Area”.   To support your application, it is best if you can show that there is in fact no ESA to be protected.